Customs Station of Pristina airport
Before you arrive to Kosovo, you have to decide to declare stuff/ goods to Customs Service if you have with you following:
- Goods which are restricted of prohibited to import, or
- Goods purchased outside Kosovo,
- Goods of higher value than allowed for passenger, which is € 175, as well as bigger amount of tobacco products, alcoholic spirits, goods of commercial/ trade purpose, or
- Goods (stuff) carrying with you for another person, or
- Money means of value € 10,000 or higher.
You do not need to declare your clothes, personal ornaments, hygienic stuff because these are considered as your personal stuff if it is aimed for your personal use during your stay in Kosovo.
You are asked to bring with you invoices or other relevant papers to show the value of goods you are carrying with you.
Exit (declare) through RED/ GREEN channels
Every person entering or departing from Kosovo should answer questions put by an authorized officer, which relates to your baggage and whatever else you carry with you to be checked.
After you have completed passport control and you take your baggage with you, you go through exit in specific channels defined as green and red.
If you have stuff and money to declare, you are asked to direct to red channel with inscription “goods and money to declare”, in contrary, you may go through green channel with inscription “nothing to declare”.
If you are not sure then you use red channel for exit.
Customs Station of Pristina airport
Customs officers may control baggage of every passenger no matter which channel they use.
Before control of your baggage, you will be asked few initial questions by the side of customs officer, which you have to answer in the best honest way possible.
If you have with you commercial goods, goods for sell to Kosovo or goods you may use in your business, they may be subject of payment of Customs Duty and Value Added Tax. You have to declare these goods when you reach to customs officer.
If goods you are carrying with you are intended for temporary import to Kosovo you have to do a bank guaranty to cover taxes payable for the value of goods you carry until their re-export.
Customs clearance of commercial goods is necessary no matter they are brought through your baggage, you have send them without your presence or as cargo.
All commercial goods for export should complete customs formalities before departure.
Commercial goods carried by passengers should be subject to customs clearance. If this could not be completed in that day, goods will remain under customs supervision and a certificate for temporary retention until completion of clearance is to be issued to you by the customs officer.
Limits per traveler:
- 200 cigarettes, or
- 100 cigarillos (cigars of a maximum weight of three grams each), or
- 50 cigars, or
- 250 grams of smoking tobacco, or
- a proportional assortment of these different products;
alcohols and alcoholic beverages:
– distilled beverages and spirits of an alcoholic strength by volume exceeding 22 % volume; non-denatured ethyl alcohol of 80% volume and over: one liter, or
– distilled beverages and spirits, and aperitifs with a wine or alcoholic base, tafia, saké or similar beverages, of an alcoholic strength by volume not exceeding 22 % volume; sparkling wines, liqueur wines: two liters, or a proportional assortment of these different products and
– still wines: two liters;
perfumes: 50 grams and toilet waters: 0,25 liter;
medicinal products: the quantity required to meet travelers’ personal needs.